The Media Library contains all the images used on your website. You can search for and Edit the images once they’ve been upload to the Media Library.
Edit the Media Search Engine settings
TIP: All Media that you upload to your website is by default indexed by Google and other search engines. If you don’t want the media you’re adding to be public and searchable, please see the Instructions below for Media SEO Settings.
From the dashboard:
- Choose Media > library
- Click on the Name of the image or media you want to edit
- Scroll down to the Yoast SEO Palette
- Click the gear (settings) icon
- Under “Allow search engines to show this Media in search results?” Choose NO
- Under “Should search engines follow links on this Media?” Choose NO
Click UPDATE when done.
Remove unused images
From the Media Library
WordPress keeps track of what images are being used on your published Posts and Pages. If you've deleted Pages and/or Posts the images that were used on those Pages and Posts doesn't get deleted. Be careful as some image are labelled as Unattached are actually used in other areas of your website, such as your logo.
- From the Dropdown menu, choose UNATTACHED
- Click Bulk Select
- Click on the images that you want to delete
- Click Delete Permanently