How to create a PayPal Account
If you have an online store and want to lower your start up costs, having customer transactions processed off-site by PayPal is a good solution. A browser lock (SSL Certificate) is not needed when PayPal is your payment processor.
PayPal is a popular online payment gateway that facilitates online transactions.
What are the advantages of using PayPal?
PayPal provides security and protection for both parties during the checkout process. Transactions are done on PayPal’s secure website and servers so the risk to the store owner is minimized. PayPal is widely used and trusted by online consumers, most already have a PayPal account but it’s not necessary to use the service.
The Fees charged depend on the number of transactions, but are generally: 30 cents per transaction and 2.99% for Credit Card Transactions.
Create & setup a Business PayPal Account:
Create a Business PayPal account not a Personal Account.
- Open an Internet Browser and go to paypal.com
- Create a new PayPal Business Account
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete your account setup and verify your account
Retrieve your API Credentials
In order to connect your online store with your PayPal account, you’ll need to retrieve the API credentials for your account.
- Login to your PayPal Business Account.
- Click on Profile & Settings
- Click on My Selling Tools (left hand side)
- Click Update beside API Access
- Under PayPal API
- Click View API Signature (Option 2)
- Click Show next to each:
- API Username,
- API Password
- & Signature
Connect your Bank Account
- Click on Profile (in the upper right)
- Then click Profile & Settings
- Click on My MONEY (in the menu on the left)
- Click Update next to Bank Accounts and Follow the onscreen instructions to Add your Bank Account(s)
Withdrawal Money from your PayPal Account
There’s no charge to withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account. Some banks may charge a fee for transfers. Contact your bank directly for more information.
- Login to your PayPal account
- Click Transfer to your bank below your PayPal balance
- Select the withdrawal amount and the payment method
- Click Continue
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your withdrawal