ON THIS PAGE:
Video files are very large and it’s recommended to “embed” a Video that’s hosted elsewhere such as YouTube or Vimeo. Adding a large Video to your Media Library will slow down your website’s speed and load time. Using YouTube or Vimeo also give views more control over viewing and sharing the video.
YouTube is a Google Product and you’ll need to use a Google or Gmail account to Login to YouTube to Create the Channel.
How to create a YouTube channel with a business or other name
You can create a channel that has a different name than your Google or Gmail account but that’s still managed from your Google or Gmail Account.
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or using the mobile site using your Google or Gmail account credentials.
- Go to your channel list.
- Create a new channel by clicking Create a new channel.
- Fill out the details to name your new channel and verify your account.
- Then, click Done.
Upload a Video to your Channel
- At the top of the page, click Upload .
- Select Upload video.
- Before you start uploading the video, you can choose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer.
- As the video is uploading, you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you uncheck this option, no communication will be shared with your subscribers). You can have a title up to 100 characters and a description up to 5,000 characters.
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
You can now share and embed the video on your website.
How to add users and managers to your YouTube account
If a channel is linked to a Brand Account, multiple people can manage the channel from their Google Accounts. You don’t need a separate username or password to manage YouTube channels with a Brand Account.
Check if you have a Brand Account:
If a channel is linked to a Brand Account, multiple people can manage it from their Google Accounts. You don’t need a separate username or password to manage YouTube channels with a Brand Account.
First, check to see if your channel is already connected to a Brand Account:
- Go to www.youtube.com/account_advanced. You may need to sign in first.
- Check under “Account information” for one of the following:
- If you see the message “You are the owner of this channel and the connected Brand Account,” you have a Brand Account. You can now follow the instructions to change channel owners and managers.
- If you don’t see the note or an option to add managers, you need to create a new Brand Account or associate your channel with an existing Brand Account.
- If you know you have a Brand Account, click your account icon in the top right and make sure you’re using the right account.
On YouTube, you can only use one channel at a time. Even if you have a Brand Account, it doesn’t mean that you’re automatically using it. Learn how to switch between accounts.
Only the owner of a Brand Account can grant people access to a YouTube channel.
- On YouTube, sign in as the owner of the Brand Account.
- In the top right, click the account icon and select the channel you want to manage.
- Go to the channel’s account settings by clicking the channel icon > then Settings or settings icon .
- Click Add or remove managers. You’ll be redirected to the “Brand Account details” page.
- Click Manage permissions. You’ll see a list of people who can manage the account.
- To invite new people, choose Invite new users .
- Enter their email addresses.
- Below their names, choose their role:
- Owners can take the most actions, and they control who manages the account. An account must have one primary owner. Note: Owners can take full actions on the channel, including deleting the channel, removing other owners, and designating others as either owners or managers.
- Managers can use Google services that support Brand Accounts, like share photos on Google Photos or post videos on YouTube.
- Note that communications managers don’t have access to YouTube channels. Learn more about roles for Brand Accounts.
- Select Invite Done.
Now, if you like we can help manage your video content and upload videos for you to you channel.