Drag & Drop Editor
There are two ways to see the Google My Business information about your business:
When searching for a local business category, "Website Designers" for example, Google will display a map on the search results page.
This map displays local businesses that have a Google My Business Listing. Usually the top three are shown in full but if you click the map, more will be displayed.
When searching for a business name, "Vancouver Island Designs" for example, Google will display your business information in a box on the right side of the screen.
The content in your Google My Business account is used by Google's algorithm to help determine your position in search results. The amount and quality of your Google reviews is also a ranking factor. Developing a plan to coordinate all this content across all platforms is an important part of all SEO plans.
If you'd like some help setting up your Google My Business account, get in touch with us...
To claim your free Google My Business Listing:
- Google your business name, if your business has a listing you'll see a box on the right of the screen with some generic details about your business.
- Click the link "Are you the business owner?", under the box and follow the on-screen instructions.
If your business doesn't have a listing:
- Go to Google Maps
- Enter the address of your business. Note: PO Boxes are not allowed. If you don't want your address shown, you'll have an option to use a service area radius and hide your physical address.
- Google Maps will display the businesses, if any that are listed at this location.
- Click Add a Missing Place and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you've created the account and filled in your business's details, you'll need to verify the business using one of the methods shown on screen. This usually is done by mail or phone number. Once you receive your verification code, enter it where directed and your Google My Business Account and Map Listing will be live.