Drag & Drop Editor
A PDF file is different than an image file in that it will open in a new window instead of being displayed within the page. There are two main parts to the process, first uploading the PDF and then providing a link to the PDF.
part 1 - upload the pdf
- Navigate to the media library. Go to the dashboard and click Media > Add new Media File
- Click Select Files or drag and drop the PDF into the box provided
- Once uploaded, give the PDF a meaningful name
- You can click the "copy URL link" to copy the URL for step two but you also have the option to search for it.
part 2 - create the link
- Go to the page or post that you want the link to appear
- Click the drag and drop editor to launch it
- Click the + plus icon in the upper right corner
- Drag and drop the Button module onto the page where you want it.
- In the Button Module box:
- Under the Text heading: Type the words that you want to be the link
- Under the Icon heading: optionally choose an icon
- Under the link heading, click the word "Select" to search for your PDF by name. Or paste the URL if you copied it form step 1.
- Click Save at the bottom of the Button Module window.
Save the page or post when done by clicking Done & then Publish in the upper right corner.