Drag & Drop Editor
The following instructions are for the native WordPress Editor
If your website uses our Drag & Drop Editor (it should!), please use the link below instead of the instructions on this page.
If you don't see the Drag & Drop Editor button at the top of your website's pages and posts (as shown above), please contact us to have it installed.
A Cover block is image or video with a text overlay — great for headers.
- Click to add a new “Block” (section) of content and choose Cover.
- Click Upload to add a new image
- or Click Media Library to use images that are in your Media Library.
- Format the Cover Block as desired using the Cover Formatting Toolbar
- Choose the Cover alignment.
- Choose the text alignment.
- Click on the image or video and write the overlayed text
- Format the Overlayed Text as desired using the text Formatting Toolbar
- Format the Cover Block as desired using the Cover Block Settings on the right side of the screen.
- If you don’t see the Document and Block settings palette:
- Click in the top left corner
- Under Cover Settings, choose whether to have the Image Fixed
- Under Overlay Color, change the colour and opacity
How to Edit a Cover Block
- Click on the Image within an existing Cover Block (click away from the Title Text within the cover block)
- Click on the Pencil icon in the toolbar, this will take you to the media library where you can choose another image or upload a new image.
Examples of Cover Content Blocks
This is a Cover Content Block with the default settings
This is a Cover Content Block with a Fixed Background and custom Overlay Color at 70% Opacity.