How to Create a YouTube Channel
Video files are very large and it’s recommended to “embed” a Video that’s hosted elsewhere such as YouTube or Vimeo. Adding a large Video to your Media Library will slow down your website’s speed and load time. Using YouTube or Vimeo also give views more control over viewing and sharing the video.
YouTube is a Google Product and you’ll need to use a Google or Gmail account to Login to YouTube to Create the Channel.
Create a YouTube channel with a business or other name
You can create a channel that has a different name than your Google or Gmail account but that’s still managed from your Google or Gmail Account.
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or using the mobile site using your Google or Gmail account credentials.
- Go to your channel list.
- Create a new channel by clicking Create a new channel.
- Fill out the details to name your new channel and verify your account.
- Then, click Done.
Upload a Video to your Channel
- At the top of the page, click Upload .
- Select Upload video.
- Before you start uploading the video, you can choose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video you’d like to upload from your computer.
- As the video is uploading, you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you uncheck this option, no communication will be shared with your subscribers). You can have a title up to 100 characters and a description up to 5,000 characters.
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.