For most businesses having a social media presence is important.
You don’t need to sign up to every platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc), but two or three is ideal. Some of the most popular are listed below.
Social Media Platforms:
- Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms.
- It’s got a huge reach and you can post a huge variety of media types and content.
- Facebook is especially useful and a customer service tool.
- You can easily share your website’s content to Facebook to help “create content” and drive people to visit your website.
- Primarily for video content.
- Large audiences.
- A great place to keep and catalogue all your videos.
- Easily post videos onto your website from YouTube
- Instagram is another top social media platform.
- Huge reach and younger audience generally than Facebook.
- Primarily image driven and video to a lesser extent.
- Posts include “tags”, similar to keywords. Choose tags that are popular in your industry. For example: #websitedesign
- A great place for professionals to show their experience.
- Detail educational background.
- List professional accomplishments.
- Perfect for short text based messages.
- Another top social media platform.
- Posts are called “tweets” and can contain up to 280 characters.
- Tweets can include website links.
Social Media Account Setup
We can help get you started on any of these platforms. Social media account setup includes the following:
- Create and upload a Profile graphic. This is usually your logo sized to fit the area allotted.
- Create and upload Cover art, a custom graphic designed in line with your current marketing and website. This is the main graphic shown at the top of your social media page. Cover art is usually a specific size with accomodations made for having it viewed on mobiles vs wide screen monitors.
- Build your Business Profile including, choosing business categories, service areas, contact information etc.
Social Media Marketing
Do you need help to keep your social media accounts up to date? We can provide consistent and engaging content for your social media accounts. Weekly, bi-weekly and monthly posting plans are available. Each post includes:
- An image or video sized to the appropriate platforms specifications.
- Text content relating to the current topic, including effective keywords, hashtags and links.
A 6 or 12 month Marketing Plan will be discussed and a copy provided that outlines the topics of the content to be created and shared.
Which social media platforms do you want to sign up for to help keep your clients informed and reach out to new customers?
Integrated social media marketing.
The content on social media has a time limit for its effectiveness. My approach to effective social media marketing is to use it as a tool for customer service and to help drive traffic to your website.
The ideal plan:
- Create a Blog post for your website (do this on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly schedule).
- Use the topic and content of your Blog post as a jumping off point for creating smaller bits of content to share on your social media accounts.
- Include keywords and hashtags and links (where possible)
- Include a call to action to learn more by visiting your website and by contacting you.