The Page and Post Editor
The Page & Post Editor Toolbar appears at the top of the window when editing any Post or Page.
Exit to the Dashboard
Add a new “Block” (section) of content
View the Page or Post’s Content Structure, number of words, headings, paragraphs etc…
Navigation between content blocks
Toggle the Document Settings and Block Settings panel.
The Document Settings and Block Settings panel appears along the right of the window when toggled on. From here you can:
- Click on Document or Block to toggle between the Document and Block settings
- Edit Visibility and Status (move to trash)
- Access an older version of the Page or Post
- Edit or View the Page or Post’s URL
- Add a Featured Image to the Page or Post
- Add or Edit the Excerpt for the Page or Post
- Turn Page or Post comments on or off
- Change Page or Post Attributes
- Choose a Category(s) for the Post
- Choose Tags for the Post (if desired)
Yoast SEO Tools
Tools and Options menu. Pops up when clicked.
The Tools & Options menu will popup when clicked on. From here you can:
- Toggle the Top Toolbar on and off. Shows the block content tools at the top of the window
- Toggle the Spotlight Mode on and off. Allows you to edit one block at a time
- Toggles the WordPress Dashboard Menu on and off
- Toggle between the Visual and HTML editor. The Code Editor allows you to view and edit the HTML
- View Yoast SEO Settings
- View available predefined Content Blocks
- View available keyboard shortcuts
- Copy all Page or Post content
- Choose what Options (Document Panels and custom content areas) you see in the Document and Block Settings Panel. TIP: If you have custom blocks, you’ll need to tick the box beside these to edit the content.
Menu items shown will vary depending on the specific features of your website.
UPDATE or PUBLISH the Page or Post when done. or