How to Restore a previous Version of a Post or Page
Your website stores a record of each saved draft or published update made to a Page or Post.
To Restore a previously published version of a Page or Post:
- Navigate to the Page or Post that you want to Edit
- Using the Administration Toolbar at the top of the window:
- Choose Edit Page or Edit Post
The Page and post Editor will open:
Locate the Document Settings and Block panel that’s located along the right side of the screen.
If you don’t see the Document Settings and Block Settings Panel, click the gear in the upper right corner. That will toggle the panel on.
- Click Document to view the Document Settings, if the Block Settings panel is active.
- Click Revisions. Beside the Revisions heading, you’ll see the number of Revisions that have been saved.
You’ll be brought to a page that highlights the differences and changes made between versions.
The version of the Page or Post that is currently published is shown on the right side of the screen.
The content is shown in HTML and your changes are highlighted to show you the differences and changes made between versions.
- Drag the slider at the top of the window (or use the Next/Previous buttons) to navigate between saved versions of the Page or Post.
- When you have located the version that you want to Publish, click Restore this Revision, in the upper right corner of the screen.
The Page and post Editor will open again:
Make any further changes, as desired.
UPDATE or PUBLISH the Page or Post when done. or