In 2014 Canada implemented Anti-Spam laws to protect Canadians from electronic spam. Click here to read the complete legislation.
Email marketing is so widely used because it’s effective. Ensuring that your marketing is in compliance is easy when you use a email marketing program. There are many to choose from and most are free or offer a free version for personal and business use.
The many benefits of using an Email Marketing program:
- They provide more powerful and visual email composing tools.
- They automatically include the required details about your identity to ensure compliance with Canada’s anti spam laws.
- They provide an Unsubscribe functionality that is required by Canada’s anti spam laws.
- They provide a comprehensive way of managing contact lists and their content for receiving your communications.
- Most provide a way to add a signup form to your website or social media pages.
Popular Email Marketing Programs:
Some of these programs are free and some are paid or offer premium options.
Mailchimp is one of the most popular E-Newsletter platforms. It’s easy to use and they include a lot of functionality in their free version.
Constant Contact is probably the largest of all the E-Newsletter programs. It’s the most beginner friendly as well.
Drip is popular with online stores, blogs and news websites. They have the most powerful campaign building tools and contact list segmenting.